Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your thoughts on X-Men First Class?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
have.a.nice.day
Admin
have.a.nice.day

Your thoughts on X-Men First Class? Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts on X-Men First Class?   Your thoughts on X-Men First Class? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:37 pm

My thoughts on X-Men First Class

I found the film a tad disappointing, the scenes moved way too quickly for me to handle one moment we're in the mansion with Xavier and Erik the next moment we're with Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost, all the quick cuts honestly gave me a headache. Most of the characters were cardboard cut outs, characters like Banshee, Havok, Angel, Darwin ect hardly had any lines and weren't given much of a personality I felt as though they were only put into the film to look "pretty". If you aren't familiar with any of the X-Men comic books you won't know who most of these characters are.

I did however like the leading actors who portrayed Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon), Erik Lensherr (Michael Fassbender) and Charles Xavier (James Mcavoy). All these actors portrayed the characters perfectly which I sadly cannot say for January Jones who played Emma Frost, she was down right terrible, her dialogue execution could at times be gut wrenching but I will admit that she looks scalding hot which is really her only saving grace. I have heard some people complain about Charles and Raven meeting each other as children but I personally applaud the change without Raven Xaviers origin would have been quite boring and stale.. I don't need to talk about Erik Lensherr's back story we all know how fantastic that was and I personally found his upbringing to be one of the best moments in the film.

I think an X-Men fan may find First Class disappointing but for the average viewer who has a limited knowledge about the comics I think they'll enjoy it quite a bit. I could be wrong though I was waiting in anticipation ever since the teaser trailer was released and we all know how nine times out of ten you're usually disappointed when you're really looking forward to something.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the movie, what you liked about it what you didn't like about it ect. Feel free to leave a comment expressing your thoughts. If you have a discussion you wish to share feel free to make a new post, It doesn't have to relate to the roleplay or comic books just make sure it isn't inappropriate.

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on X-Men First Class?
Page 1 of 1